Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America, and an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence. Reporting to the VP of IT, the BA/PM will play a dual role of Business Analyst and Project Manager.
In the BA role, you will be responsible for working with the business to discuss, collect and document the requirements for requests. You will also work with the individuals to build a business case, budget, and justify the request. This information will be communicated to the IT team, contractors, or other parts of the business to share the request and business case for clarity and/or to get approval to allocate resources to the request.
In the PM role, you will be responsible for creating project plans with schedules, milestones, work tasks, and budgets as defined and approved by the BA process.
In the combination of these roles, this position will also lead the IT Change Management process to communicate and collect the organizational approval of requested and required changes related to IT systems and applications. They will also help the users develop UAT scripts and track the UAT results as required by the project plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Business Requirement Documents (BRDs)
- Work with the users to build business case and budgets for IT related requests
- Work closely with the IT staff to refine, validate and finalize BRDs as requested by users
- Create Project Plans to fulfill the implementation of the work requested by BRDs
- Provide schedules, milestones, work task and budget adjustments to support project plans
- Lead the IT Change Management process to communicate with the business on requested and required changes to the IT systems and applications.
- Assist users with building UAT scripts and track the results to share with the project status updates.
- Write professional BRDs, SOPs, and RFPs.
- Effectively communicate and influence others towards moving to future state systems, applications and architectures.
- Provides strong strategic and technical thought leadership and ability to align diverse opinions.
- Improve time to market through the identification of re-useable technical assets.
- Ability to pitch in to assist others in IT.
- Educate users on their requests and projects without doing the work for them.
- Performs assessments and listens to the internal/external customers to understand and anticipate their needs and determine their priorities in the context of the overall enterprise.
- Work across diverse teams, perspectives and opinions and quickly build consensus.
- 5 years of BA/PM experience in a company with manufacturing, distribution, wholesale, and eCommerce.
- Experience with ERP and enterprise systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing BRDs, SOPS, RFPs, Visio diagrams, and Power Point presentations.
- Experience in leading projects using Waterfall or Agile methodologies.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office and related applications.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with IT Vendor relationships
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and ask to be directed to HR.