Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for an Afternoon Shift Distribution Supervisor to coordinate the activities of warehouse associates.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace with advancement opportunities. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Shipping and Receiving of finished goods, replenishment and set up/take down of product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities within the warehouse.
- Ability to motivate and lead by example.
- Ability to train and develop employees to their full potential
- Must be able to produce and analyze reports generated from WMS to prioritize and manage daily tasks.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of all inventory within the Distribution Centre to ensure efficient selection and distribution of product to our customers.
- Correction of incoming and outgoing movements.
- Provide assistance during physical inventory.
- Experience with RF technology for picking product.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations as well as Safe Operating Procedures and practices.
- Extensive computer knowledge including advanced Excel and familiarity with EDI transactions.
- All other duties as assigned
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Office
- Post-secondary education in materials management or related discipline or equivalent
- combination of education and work experience
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in a production environment.
- Good working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to work with others and on teams
- Proven problem-solving skills and good decision-making track record
- Job task planning and organizing skills!
Why work for Spinrite:
- Benefits package after 3 months - Both health & dental!
- Paid vacation time
- Group RRSP with company matching - immediate enrollment and company match after 1 year of service
- Safety Shoe Allowance
- Discounts on yarn products
- Training, development, and advancement opportunities not only offered, but encouraged!
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and ask to be directed to HR.