LOCATION: Charlotte, North Carolina or Bentonville, AR
Spinrite is North America’s largest marketer of craft sewing thread and yarn. We have succeeded because of our people, our processes and our openness to new ideas and we are so excited for what the future has in store.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to support our Coats and Clark division. If you’re looking to get on board with the fastest-growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing all phases of sales plan with assigned accounts.
- Communicate any competitive developments or activities with assigned accounts.
- Lead and work with the assigned support team to keep updated records and sales reports as required to manage sales forecast, sales volume, set-up masterdata and provide insights on customer performance analysis.
- Support internal teams (e.g. Planning, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sourcing) by providing estimations/forecasts on new product launches and regularly update those assumptions.
- Support and sometimes lead on negotiation of supply contract agreements, commercial terms and investigate & validate any request related with the agreed terms during the year (e.g. markdowns, coop-ad, fines, one-time support requests).
- Develop financials & contribution estimations on customer special projects and promotional activities
- Create tactical plans to fill sales shortfall or sales upside on own customers to support total company sales plan
- Create, strengthen and maintain strong business relationship with the assigned account key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness and understanding of the customer’s needs and develop creative solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Present at all times a strong product knowledge to support customer decisions.
- Pursue potential opportunities for market share growth and/or increase shelf space.
- Responsible for the presentation of all new and current product programs to the assigned accounts with the support of the Marketing team.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to seek and develop innovative ways to merchandize our product portfolio
- Manages the relationships with the principal customers, specifically the relationship with buyers and overall cross-functional contacts in the customer team (e.g. Marketing, Digital Mkt, Logistics and Demand Planning)
- Actively collaborate on the Product Development process by providing market and customer insights for the internal teams
- Business management degree with focus on sales & marketing
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience and proven success in leading sales efforts and managing a team
- Strong communication, presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- A high degree of self-motivation, drive and a sense of urgency
- Excellent teamwork & collaboration capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills & empathy
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft 365, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
- Flexibility for travel for customer meetings and other external business meetings up to 50% of the time.
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at519-291-3780 and asked to be transferred to HR.