Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America, and an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Financial Controller to support our North American Finance Team.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this position will lead the financial reporting efforts with regular oversight of the company’s ERP and financial systems, to lead process improvement initiatives and ensure deadlines are met on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. This role will also support and assist the Executive and finance team in identifying areas for growth and improvement throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full month end close process including the preparation of required journal entries, review and analysis of general ledger accounts, review and analysis of budget deviations, preparation of consolidated financial statements and distribution of departmental month end reports.
- Responsible for daily oversight of all finance activities including ERP and financial systems and e-commerce systems.
- Responsible for managing the company’s standard cost system and perpetual inventory system (including physical inventory counts).
- Preparation of daily and weekly financial reports including preparing reports for the Board
- Assist with the preparation of the company’s annual budget.
- Responsible for coordinating annual audit with external auditors and internal audit functions
- Lead the Financial Accounting team and two direct reports (Assistant Controller and Manager Finance) to standardize and implement accounting policies oversight and control
- Understand and identify changes to accounting rules and regulatory compliance and the impact of the changes on the business
- Work closely with the FP&A, Treasury, Risk Management and Tax teams to identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- CPA designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word; familiarity with Microsoft Access would be preferred.
- Experience in implementation and optimization of an ERP system
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and asked to be transferred to HR.