Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Director of Marketing to support our Coats & Clark Division.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing initiatives for the division and understanding the needs and opportunities of consumers/customers for our portfolio of brands and products. The Director of Marketing is a champion of our go-to-market brand strategy, customer engagement, market trends, and innovative merchandising that will translate into continuous profitable growth of our business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, communicate, and implement annual Marketing plans by category and by brand to deliver the company agreed strategy, vision and business growth objectives set in coordination with the Division GM and Management teams.
- Lead the planning, briefing and final approval with the Creative Team for all the communication assets on the division brands and products.
- Partner with Product Development (PD) and Key Account Managers to establish bespoke customer trade marketing plans for major accounts, ensure that the needs of the accounts are being understood and well supported as part of the “go to market” process.
Engagement & Execution:
- Lead and develop the annual support required by each category and brand in terms of Inspiration/Design/Patterns, education initiatives, sponsorships, and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. designers, bloggers, influencers).
- Build a strong partnership with the PD team in developing strong and innovative brand propositions, especially in packaging innovation and trade merchandising plans.
- Lead (with the support of Procurement/Purchasing) on all aspects of marketing suppliers’ management (internal or external) for one-off or on-going purchases of point-of-sale (POS) materials (e.g. displays/fixtures, signage, catalogues), in terms of financial budgets, quality standards and definition of specifications.
- Actively collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to develop the high-level brands strategies to set annual expectations and goals in terms of digital outreach plans, and lead on the division marketing initiatives with the major accounts own marketing teams.
- Work in strong coordination with the Digital and eCommerce teams in the development of omni-channel programs to heavily promote our brands in our own digital platforms and deliver on the primary goal of market brand leadership in all categories we play.
- Partner with PD team to provide support or lead the presentations with the Key Account Managers in preparing key customer meetings (focus on major accounts) and actively participate when necessary.
- High level of collaboration or direct leadership in cross-departmental strategic marketing projects (cross departmental projects) to leverage best practices and encourage cross-functional or cross-category efficiencies.
- Collaborate with the Consumer Services team to provide answer consumers questions about our products or brands whenever necessary.
- Lead and develop all the market research plans and needs for the division.
- Participate or lead other special projects as assigned by the Division GM.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Champion of the Division Brands marketing metrics.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements
- Business management degree with focus in marketing (MBA is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience and proven success in leading brand consumer initiatives (consumer package goods preferred).
- Strong communication, presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneur mentality
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- A high degree of self-motivation, drive and a sense of urgency
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team
- Excellent teamwork & collaboration capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills & empathy
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft 365, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Flexibility for travel up to 20% of the time
- Knowledge of project management, and coordination of resources is a plus
- Consumer packaged goods &/or craft background would be an asset
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and asked to be transferred to HR.